During my daily phone call with my Mamma (When I was born my cord was just severed not cut all the way. We are very close even with the 8 hour time difference!) She told me about a recipe she got from Aunt Joyce several years ago. I had just bought a ton of peaches thinking I was going to make jam, so it was perfect timing. Any who… Yesterday I had my really good friend Fanny over for dinner; I was so excited to get some human interaction and to be able to cook for someone! Thank God Rikard gets home in a few days, I’m starting to get pathetic with the conversations I have with Stella.
Nothing says summer better than fresh peaches!
Aunt Joyce's Peaches and Cream
1 ½ cup
1 ½ Cup
1 ½ cup
Crushed Graham crackers
| || |
| || |
1. Mix crushed graham crackers, sugar, and butter. Press into the bottom of 9inch pan (Whatever style of pan you want)
2. Bake crust at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
1. Melt 1 ½ cup milk and marshmallows over medium/low heat. Once all marshmallows are melted down remove from heat and let cool.
2. Once cool, add dash of salt and vanilla.
3. Fold in peaches and whipped cream.
4. Chill for at least one hour before serving.
Adapted from: Joyce Tarbets recipe
Dear Aunt Joyce, you are amazing, this dessert was delicious! I am now sending my Mom on a mission to get as many recipes of yours as possible.