Sunday, August 7, 2011

Swedish Pineapple Pie

  Let me start by saying... I am obsessed with desserts! Last week Rikard and I were going to a wedding in a small town outside of Stockholm.  We got there a little early so we stopped off to have fika, (swedish for coffee and dessert. I'll explain later about this lovely word) the only place in town was a hostel.  As we went inside my thoughts were going from that scary movie where everyone gets killed to holy moley we are going to get food poisoning.  But the guy was so nice and told us all about how his sweet little wife made her special pie (dang we are suckers!).  So we dove right in... OH SWEET LORD I wanted to kiss his sweet little wife...And I didnt get sick! I take my desserts very seriously and I am not saying this lightly when I say the best dessert I have had in a very long time.
  So I made it my mission to copy and master this pie... Here is what I have for you.

Swedish Pineapple Pie



Ingredients:

Crust

¾ Cup
Butter
½ cup
1 ½ cups
Filling
1 ½ Cups
1 Cup
½ Cup
Sugar
Flour

Canned Crushed pineapple (Depending on the size of can I used 2)
Crème Fresh (Sour Cream)
Sugar

Directions:

1.  Mix melted butter, Sugar, and Flour and press into bottom of Pie pan.

2.  Mix Pineapple, Crème Fresh, and Sugar. Pour into pie pan.

3.  Bake at 375 degrees for 30 min



 

6 comments:

  1. This dessert looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love desserts too. I had to switch to low-carb on account of my weight soaring (thyroid)at one point so mine are a little different. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, do you know anywhere in Europe I can order one of your books? I would love to work on being a little more carb-conscious! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, they are only available on Amazon.com They will ship overseas though and I think it's actually a very good deal if I recall if one orders all the books - I think it has something to do with the shipping cost. You can read up on it at www.low-carb.us, I think. :)

    However, you can find tons of recipes online and visit www.lowcarfriends.com for support in cutting carbs and learning more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just realized there is a Swedish Doctor in my links on my blog - he is very famous all over the world. About 1/4 of Sweden has gone low-carb, I heard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh cool. Thank you so much. I am excited to start trying to cook a little healthier. Ever since we moved here (Sweden) I have gained a few LBS. Their desserts are to die for! I am heading back to the States for Christmas so I'll order a book when I am back.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete